It's about the easiest thing ever to freeze kale.
My garden had a nice healthy row of kale growing, and I harvested most of it today.
I love kale in soups, sauteed in olive oil, in casseroles, and in green smoothies.
It will be nice to have some put away in the freezer.
Here is how to freeze kale...
1. Separate the kale leaves and cut out the stems....if you want.
2. Fill a clean sink with water and add 1 cup of vinegar.
3. Soak leaves for a while and then rinse as you pull out, making sure there are no dirt particles.
4. Allow to fully dry on a towel.
5. Flash freeze kale on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
6. Take out of the freezer and quickly put into freezer bags. You have to move fast because the kale starts to thaw.
7. Squeeze as much air out as possible before putting in the freezer.
Hope you are having a lovely day!